One Good Day
I am enjoying a really good day today ..
I managed to wake up at 6 am which is later than usual ... left for school by 8 .. had a quick lovely chat with EI ... He is really sweet this guy, he makes me smile, laugh, feel warm and fuzzy inside ... feel protective .. and at the same time he is capable of inducing all sorts of frustration levels inside of me ...
I guess I will learn to love him with both types of currents flowing within me ...
GP's lecture today was on Strike-Slip Basins, and he updated his material and his style ... My goodness this guy is a teaching God ...
I asked several questions and made sure to refer to all of them as stupid questions to lessen the ire that I might induce by monopolizing the classes like that ...
What is remarkable is that transtensional basins can vary drastically in dimensions and fill thickness even though the observed plate motion rate is relatively the same everywhere. He used two marvelous examples of the Deadsea Basin and the Ridge Basin in California... The first has a thickness three times the second, although both has a transtensional regime... It leaves the question of whether the plates are the cause of this difference, or the type of weakness (faults) within the plates is the cause of the disconnect in basin size.
I had to entertain the idea that may be the Sea of Galilee has the benefit of some extra propulsion to the rate of strike slip movement since the Red Sea to the south is a diverging margin where we have a an extra push towards the north translated into the transtension of the Dead Sea ... but my musings seem so farfetched lol
In any case, I am finishing my printing for the sections. Following that I will go home and have lunch and start on summarizing the observations along each line to use for my chapter.
Then I need to study for my exam tomorrow morning :(
I should have done this licence business ages ago ... It should be fun though ... but not so fun if I fail the exam haha
Looking good so far
chao,
I managed to wake up at 6 am which is later than usual ... left for school by 8 .. had a quick lovely chat with EI ... He is really sweet this guy, he makes me smile, laugh, feel warm and fuzzy inside ... feel protective .. and at the same time he is capable of inducing all sorts of frustration levels inside of me ...
I guess I will learn to love him with both types of currents flowing within me ...
GP's lecture today was on Strike-Slip Basins, and he updated his material and his style ... My goodness this guy is a teaching God ...
I asked several questions and made sure to refer to all of them as stupid questions to lessen the ire that I might induce by monopolizing the classes like that ...
What is remarkable is that transtensional basins can vary drastically in dimensions and fill thickness even though the observed plate motion rate is relatively the same everywhere. He used two marvelous examples of the Deadsea Basin and the Ridge Basin in California... The first has a thickness three times the second, although both has a transtensional regime... It leaves the question of whether the plates are the cause of this difference, or the type of weakness (faults) within the plates is the cause of the disconnect in basin size.
I had to entertain the idea that may be the Sea of Galilee has the benefit of some extra propulsion to the rate of strike slip movement since the Red Sea to the south is a diverging margin where we have a an extra push towards the north translated into the transtension of the Dead Sea ... but my musings seem so farfetched lol
In any case, I am finishing my printing for the sections. Following that I will go home and have lunch and start on summarizing the observations along each line to use for my chapter.
Then I need to study for my exam tomorrow morning :(
I should have done this licence business ages ago ... It should be fun though ... but not so fun if I fail the exam haha
Looking good so far
chao,
Comments
Post a Comment