Thursday
It's brilliant that I kept thinking that yesterday was Thursday .. Now I have two more days until the end of the week! Hooray!
Writing is going strong! or so I hope :D
I had a long conversation with my mother yesterday .. Future plans, growth, and stuff ...
Now the thing about mother that I find unique, is that she doesn't tolerate nonsensical emotional talk ...
I remember when I give way under pressure because of my thesis, work, or during my relationship ... she just let's me ride the low ... until I am back to normal again, and then we can talk about it ..
A couple of days ago, I told her that hey! EI contacted me. She merely said okay that it was about time ... and that was it. Not another word .. we talked about the weather, things at home, and so on ..
Yesterday, she started by "Sooo... EI contacted you ... I didn't say anything if you recall " .. I told her that I noticed :)
Talking about the future in terms of past experience is a dicey business .. Not all future experiences will have the same variables as past ones ... and it's always wise to keep that in mind when doing that comparative analysis... Be that graduate school applications, Job interviews, romantic relationships, or even friendships ... in life, most things in the same category are like fingerprints; similar but still different.
I am again waking up at 4am .. and not sleeping until 6am
As well, undergrads in the neighborhood got drunk last night, talked out loud and were obnoxious :(
It's gonna be a long year ..
Anyways, I am reading a new book ..
Will Durant Story of Philosophy ..
On Monday, I read a funny book written by Steve Harvey "Act like a Lady think like a Man!" lol
That was a particularly interesting read ... He is very old school, and I wish men were that simple .. well may be they are simple .. I need to check with my brother :)
Two days for finishing this chapter
One day for the career workshop
And next week for the AAPG abstract writing
It's gonna be fun :)
Writing is going strong! or so I hope :D
I had a long conversation with my mother yesterday .. Future plans, growth, and stuff ...
Now the thing about mother that I find unique, is that she doesn't tolerate nonsensical emotional talk ...
I remember when I give way under pressure because of my thesis, work, or during my relationship ... she just let's me ride the low ... until I am back to normal again, and then we can talk about it ..
A couple of days ago, I told her that hey! EI contacted me. She merely said okay that it was about time ... and that was it. Not another word .. we talked about the weather, things at home, and so on ..
Yesterday, she started by "Sooo... EI contacted you ... I didn't say anything if you recall " .. I told her that I noticed :)
Talking about the future in terms of past experience is a dicey business .. Not all future experiences will have the same variables as past ones ... and it's always wise to keep that in mind when doing that comparative analysis... Be that graduate school applications, Job interviews, romantic relationships, or even friendships ... in life, most things in the same category are like fingerprints; similar but still different.
I am again waking up at 4am .. and not sleeping until 6am
As well, undergrads in the neighborhood got drunk last night, talked out loud and were obnoxious :(
It's gonna be a long year ..
Anyways, I am reading a new book ..
Will Durant Story of Philosophy ..
On Monday, I read a funny book written by Steve Harvey "Act like a Lady think like a Man!" lol
That was a particularly interesting read ... He is very old school, and I wish men were that simple .. well may be they are simple .. I need to check with my brother :)
Two days for finishing this chapter
One day for the career workshop
And next week for the AAPG abstract writing
It's gonna be fun :)
Comments
Post a Comment