PhD Grind .. Stop and Check

Dear Future me,
I had an interesting day yesterday ..
Apparently my body was a bit under stress, and I collapsed the minute I woke up in the morning ...
Naaah it wasn't as funny as it sounds ... I was scared to death ... This usually happens each time I have hypotension.. Lucky for me, someone else was home to come to the rescue .. I had no energy to lift my head from the table, let alone treat myself or call someone.

I am still out of the study loop, but considering how many times I exited and entered, I am not terrified about it.
I am currently sitting in a coffee shop and I am going through the past years to have a clear timeline of doing things in the future. I need to work consistently following my old day planner regime ... Intense as it was, I think it brought fruition more frequently, and I felt more confident about where I stand.
Therefore, I will give myself time to take it slow for the rest of the week by keeping a healthy schedule, and go back to my old style of work. I loved working like a race horse, because it was fun to exert myself and push it to the limit ...

What I see is that I have worked for 855 days since the day I joined Basin Analysis Research Group, and worked for 221 days with my former group; the Meteor Research Group.
What's amazing me right now is that I have 221 days between today and the 13th of May 2016 excluding: Thanksgiving Day (Monday, October 12, 2015), Remembrance Day (Wednesday, November 11, 2015), Christmas (Friday, December 25, 2015), New Year's Day (Friday, January 1, 2016), and Good Friday (Friday, March 25, 2016).
It's insane!
I have only 221 days to write a book that is more than 300 pages in 221 days. Holy fuck!!!
I didn't realize that it's that short!!

I have about 7 or 8 chapters, tonnes of figures and sketches, cross-sections, maps, and interpretations to complete and refine!

I don't know what to do right now to be honest. I need to think.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts