On Theatrical Student Governments
Dear Me in the future,
So, Today was the monthly theatrical meeting of SOGS
In the future, when you feel generous with your time, and feel strongly about making a difference in your community, please avoid any social entity that uses formal language in their meetings, as that might be an indication of how empty their agendas really are.
This month marks my semi-final meeting with our esteemed student body representing all graduate students... Needless to say, I am filled with disappointment.
The main reason that I volunteered myself for the nomination by the Geoscience Graduate Society, was to contribute some serious effort towards the post-residency fees dilemma. I remember my sound of my hope bubble bursting at the very first meeting when the executive opted to refer to the problem as the "referendum issue"! What referendum!!! Are you kidding yourselves?!!
We are amongst the handful of universities in eastern Canada who ALLOW ourselves to get charged with the full tuition fees after completing our course requirement! And for what??!! As if we are making money!
I can go on and on about this, but I am tired. It's been a long lonely day, and I just want to go to bed.
Anyways, I did three good things today: I helped with the packaging of new international students' orientation packages, as there was no other volunteers today, and will gladly donate another hour of my time tomorrow. I helped Hiba with her poster for the MSc poster session (and I am so so so happy she is done), and I went to apologize to the new immigration officer at the ISC. He is doing a great job, and took the burnt of my lash when the study permit/visa issue was eating away at my soul. I told him that I am usually a mild mannered person with rare glimpses of hot temper, but the passive nature of our esteemed institution was getting my frustrationmeter to the point of no return.
Anyways, I guess he can't do anything public without risking his job, so I did another good thing and got in touch with the SOGS IGISC.... as if this will change anything, but why not give it a try! Hopeful much? yeah, let's give it our best shot. That is my duty as someone who suffered the incompetency of CIC and almost lost her study status and her sanity along the journey to getting the permit.
Moving on...
I am tired ... physically burnt out ... I just prepared my stuff for a decent workout session tomorrow morning, and will spend the night with Hiba, hopefully (Hope GP doesn't see this word) watching a funny Egyptian movie and talking about boys and how much they suck :D
On the work front, I haven't done much work today ...
But no worries, I will enjoy my burnout as a true champ then resume when the self-flagellation gets too unbearable .. I guess this final year will show me my true colours.
SS noticed that I am not myself ...
I am not feeling my 100% is back yet ... I still self-destruct ... and I am too aware of my rank on her friendship scale after the comment regarding the lease/ Momen / advice thing ... I don't want to end up giving my advice where it will be overlooked for the same advice just given by a tall handsome male and not me.
I hope she doesn't take me for granted, because I love her and I consider myself lucky to have found her again after all these years ... I have been in bad friendships before, and I can't do them again ..
Alright, enough for the night, and glad we are getting better at this daily reporting.
Oh the book is almost done ... Persuasion will not be easier after reading the book, but definitely a more systematic process where the other person comes first, then authenticity and reciprocity are the key ..
M
P.S. Hiba found my illusive prince charming from the other evening. Re cap: I was walking back from the gym, crossing the street when this car/guy stopped for me to pass. I looked up to say thank you, and this gorgeous looking male species handed me the most perfect smile sigh
I told her that he looked so Sudanese, and she said that she saw him/car/family today ...
Funny observation: I can't recall the dude!! Everytime I try, EI face jumps at me instead ... what a shame! I erased the few pictures I had of him on my laptop, but it's still imprinted on my eyes from the inside :(
How long does it take a normal (i.e. no masochistic tendencies) person to forget a love flame? Knowing that I am over him ... and I have submitted to the will of the universe that we will just not jell well together? huh huh?
darn it.
So, Today was the monthly theatrical meeting of SOGS
In the future, when you feel generous with your time, and feel strongly about making a difference in your community, please avoid any social entity that uses formal language in their meetings, as that might be an indication of how empty their agendas really are.
This month marks my semi-final meeting with our esteemed student body representing all graduate students... Needless to say, I am filled with disappointment.
The main reason that I volunteered myself for the nomination by the Geoscience Graduate Society, was to contribute some serious effort towards the post-residency fees dilemma. I remember my sound of my hope bubble bursting at the very first meeting when the executive opted to refer to the problem as the "referendum issue"! What referendum!!! Are you kidding yourselves?!!
We are amongst the handful of universities in eastern Canada who ALLOW ourselves to get charged with the full tuition fees after completing our course requirement! And for what??!! As if we are making money!
I can go on and on about this, but I am tired. It's been a long lonely day, and I just want to go to bed.
Anyways, I did three good things today: I helped with the packaging of new international students' orientation packages, as there was no other volunteers today, and will gladly donate another hour of my time tomorrow. I helped Hiba with her poster for the MSc poster session (and I am so so so happy she is done), and I went to apologize to the new immigration officer at the ISC. He is doing a great job, and took the burnt of my lash when the study permit/visa issue was eating away at my soul. I told him that I am usually a mild mannered person with rare glimpses of hot temper, but the passive nature of our esteemed institution was getting my frustrationmeter to the point of no return.
Anyways, I guess he can't do anything public without risking his job, so I did another good thing and got in touch with the SOGS IGISC.... as if this will change anything, but why not give it a try! Hopeful much? yeah, let's give it our best shot. That is my duty as someone who suffered the incompetency of CIC and almost lost her study status and her sanity along the journey to getting the permit.
Moving on...
I am tired ... physically burnt out ... I just prepared my stuff for a decent workout session tomorrow morning, and will spend the night with Hiba, hopefully (Hope GP doesn't see this word) watching a funny Egyptian movie and talking about boys and how much they suck :D
On the work front, I haven't done much work today ...
But no worries, I will enjoy my burnout as a true champ then resume when the self-flagellation gets too unbearable .. I guess this final year will show me my true colours.
SS noticed that I am not myself ...
I am not feeling my 100% is back yet ... I still self-destruct ... and I am too aware of my rank on her friendship scale after the comment regarding the lease/ Momen / advice thing ... I don't want to end up giving my advice where it will be overlooked for the same advice just given by a tall handsome male and not me.
I hope she doesn't take me for granted, because I love her and I consider myself lucky to have found her again after all these years ... I have been in bad friendships before, and I can't do them again ..
Alright, enough for the night, and glad we are getting better at this daily reporting.
Oh the book is almost done ... Persuasion will not be easier after reading the book, but definitely a more systematic process where the other person comes first, then authenticity and reciprocity are the key ..
M
P.S. Hiba found my illusive prince charming from the other evening. Re cap: I was walking back from the gym, crossing the street when this car/guy stopped for me to pass. I looked up to say thank you, and this gorgeous looking male species handed me the most perfect smile sigh
I told her that he looked so Sudanese, and she said that she saw him/car/family today ...
Funny observation: I can't recall the dude!! Everytime I try, EI face jumps at me instead ... what a shame! I erased the few pictures I had of him on my laptop, but it's still imprinted on my eyes from the inside :(
How long does it take a normal (i.e. no masochistic tendencies) person to forget a love flame? Knowing that I am over him ... and I have submitted to the will of the universe that we will just not jell well together? huh huh?
darn it.
Comments
Post a Comment