August 22
Pretty lame how much I read, and yet I can't bring out any creativity when it comes to my own writing,, not even a decent title for a blog post, but well ... what is a woman to do?! As a friend pointed out last night "You cant have GP as a thesis supervisor and have everything at the same time!sheesh!!"
Last week was Prrrreetty good.
Putting aside how my psyche is usually less than perfect when my hormones are under the influence, I think productivity level was quite good, and psychology was more or less stable.
Work-wise:
- Developing digitized petrophysical cross-sections to add to my thesis figures
- Finalized Thesis layout and chapters' outline
- Got out of my syn-period funk, and all the "I must have burnt out!" grad school freakout
- Edited my first chapter and started on my second chapter
Tonight, I will take it easy and outline my work for the upcoming week and call it a Saturday. Luckily, I have spent the afternoon working on cross-sections to be able to afford this luxury.
Fun-wise:
- I finally made it to the movie theatre!! to watch my long-awaited "Inside out".
For future reference:
I love my friends to pieces, but I love doing things on my own. Going to have a nice dinner at that Ethiopian restaurant downtown on Dundas Street, going to the cinema to watch a movie, or even just hanging out at the local coffee shop practicing people watching. Those are some of my favorite activities.
Last month, I read Ed Catmull's Creativity Inc., which chronicles his story about xo-founding PIXAR and the work they do there. I felt like seeing every single person involved into making these beautiful movies while watching Inside Out. There was a short film (a habit of PIXAR) that tells a love story of two stratovolcanoes Awweeee (heart heart heart)
It was a thing of beauty. The illustration, animation, storyline, and the music .. oh dear me!
In another life, I have my animation firm, where someone runs the place for me, and I sit there and draw all day long. sigh.
Social life front:
Pretty umm I don't know ..
Marya came a few days ago to borrow a book I recommended, and I was a very boring version of me... makes me wonder the extent to which this period thing affects me when I am under the influence.
Anyways, Negar and Beth are most social these days, and I am an excellent listener.
Sara and I text frequently
My mother and I have relatively short conversations
Nadir called the last weekend, and we had a very fascinating conversation. I really love this man.
I also reconnected with mama Lucy, Arwa, and Mufti
I have a sleepover tonight with Hiba, which I frankly am looking forward to.
Hot damn! I do have a social life afterall haha
I think often about humans, the world and the future ... I had a deeply philosophical email exchange with Adil, the guy who writes Adil's world, and I am constantly fascinated by the use of vocabulary by non-native speakers like myself ... It's just incredible.
I came across a few blogs today on my break, and I am a huge of fan of blogging now. I get to see some fun authors and some real activists online.
Alright, I gotta go.
Oh I have finally decided on what to get Jacobian for his birthday, but I wonder if I will find it in stock somewhere in London.
M
Last week was Prrrreetty good.
Putting aside how my psyche is usually less than perfect when my hormones are under the influence, I think productivity level was quite good, and psychology was more or less stable.
Work-wise:
- Developing digitized petrophysical cross-sections to add to my thesis figures
- Finalized Thesis layout and chapters' outline
- Got out of my syn-period funk, and all the "I must have burnt out!" grad school freakout
- Edited my first chapter and started on my second chapter
Tonight, I will take it easy and outline my work for the upcoming week and call it a Saturday. Luckily, I have spent the afternoon working on cross-sections to be able to afford this luxury.
Fun-wise:
- I finally made it to the movie theatre!! to watch my long-awaited "Inside out".
For future reference:
I love my friends to pieces, but I love doing things on my own. Going to have a nice dinner at that Ethiopian restaurant downtown on Dundas Street, going to the cinema to watch a movie, or even just hanging out at the local coffee shop practicing people watching. Those are some of my favorite activities.
Last month, I read Ed Catmull's Creativity Inc., which chronicles his story about xo-founding PIXAR and the work they do there. I felt like seeing every single person involved into making these beautiful movies while watching Inside Out. There was a short film (a habit of PIXAR) that tells a love story of two stratovolcanoes Awweeee (heart heart heart)
It was a thing of beauty. The illustration, animation, storyline, and the music .. oh dear me!
In another life, I have my animation firm, where someone runs the place for me, and I sit there and draw all day long. sigh.
Social life front:
Pretty umm I don't know ..
Marya came a few days ago to borrow a book I recommended, and I was a very boring version of me... makes me wonder the extent to which this period thing affects me when I am under the influence.
Anyways, Negar and Beth are most social these days, and I am an excellent listener.
Sara and I text frequently
My mother and I have relatively short conversations
Nadir called the last weekend, and we had a very fascinating conversation. I really love this man.
I also reconnected with mama Lucy, Arwa, and Mufti
I have a sleepover tonight with Hiba, which I frankly am looking forward to.
Hot damn! I do have a social life afterall haha
I think often about humans, the world and the future ... I had a deeply philosophical email exchange with Adil, the guy who writes Adil's world, and I am constantly fascinated by the use of vocabulary by non-native speakers like myself ... It's just incredible.
I came across a few blogs today on my break, and I am a huge of fan of blogging now. I get to see some fun authors and some real activists online.
Alright, I gotta go.
Oh I have finally decided on what to get Jacobian for his birthday, but I wonder if I will find it in stock somewhere in London.
M
Comments
Post a Comment