Recapturing a very long month

It was indeed an Octoberfest!
Wow!
Well .. I am not entirely sure where to start ... so much has happened that it's almost discouraging to even think I will remember everything with my current memory ...
Let's see..
Thesis was going increasingly slow .. and one Monday meeting with GP (October 5th) set me straight again .. he said " Why don't you build me some beautiful cross sections for the next couple of weeks? show me some sexy stratigraphy!" And I set on the journey on capturing the intricate working of nature using the fabulous CorelDraw from the morning until late at nights building cross-section after cross-section.
And all that was going so well ... until
Two Paleontologists friends of GP showed up for a social/ academic visit during the second week of my stratothon and showed that there is this huge gap in the Santonian with no dinosaurs' tracks!!! Hello Santonian!! We have had some dinoturbation photos, so I was assigned to give them a photo-tour of my rocks and voila!!! "Why don't you public this?!" they exclaimed!
I didn't know that this stuff is publication material!!
So, I spent the rest of the week producing stratigraphy for that part of the region to produce a paper on dinosaurs' tracks in southern Alberta!! The irony is that my hopeful first paper as a Stratigrapher will be on Paleontology.
Moving on: I am back on track on the rest of the thesis lines, which will be awesome to finish this next week..
That week ... I got so frustrated with the passivity of one particular interaction with EI that I ended up shouting out my frustration, and him doing something about it ...
It's been a long time since we talked ... and it's been bothering me to no end ... His sparse texts distract me, and I find that I need a few days to get back to normal ... so, I had to tell him to stop texting and give me space ...
His response annoyed me, so I initially ignored him ... until the following morning ...
We are back together ... I think ...
I need to go slow ... and be careful ...
It's ridiculous how much warning Jacopian and Ayman gave me about never saying never ... Jacopian in particular will tease me for eternity ...
I am scared .. no ..terrified to be honest ... I love like a broken valve ... too much, too overwhelming ... he kept saying that it was never my fault, that it was entirely his fault .. How he lost his mind ..How much he regrets it ... It's so sad to think what he had to go through ... I don't know what to do really ...except see how he will do this time ... I will give it my best shot and all the hope ... and I will try to control my fear ...
Take a deep breath ..

Moving on...
I have acute insomnia this month, which had been on the mend thankfully ...
I had two episodes of hypotension ... Last month, a scary one after waking up one morning and fainting after ten minutes ... luckily for me, my guest at the time was around to carry my sorry ass to the couch and care for me ... I was put on iron pills following blood work ... and I thought I am on the mend ...Yesterday morning after a short workout at the gym, I collapsed again... this one was bad since there were people freaking out ... they ended up calling the emergency response team at UWO ... these SERT guys could easily be models or actresses or something ... They were super cute!!! The girls were angels and the guy was terrific ...
I can't remember much of the yesterday episode, I remember the coffee shop lady was scared out of her mind ... I remember I walked towards the door .. it was raining heavily outside, so I decided to eat my banana and drink some more water ... I sat down and while I was eating my banana, I felt "not so well" .. so I walked calmly towards the coffee shop lady and told her that I need sugar :-) she looked at me like I was crazy .. so I added "not feeling ....." next think I am lying on the floor ... arms holding my body and voices ... then there was this guy, he was kneeling on the floor in front of me .. he made me lie on the floor and was talking to me ... he was smiling ... he said his name is Ben, and that everything will be fine ... I must say, his words worked like magic ... I felt so embarrassed ... I must have looked like hell ...
The terrible thing about these episodes is the panic that accompanies them ... the terror closes upon me .. and I can't stop the need to hold on to someone and asking not to leave ... I feel like a kid going to kindergarten ...I think I hold on to the coffee shop lady ... she was very nice and said she won't leave me or something like that  ...
Anyways, Ben was very calming ... he stayed for a bit ... then he disappeared .. I can't remember when ...I think I might have blacked out a bit ... Anyways, I had the day off yesterday .. I am alright today ..

Two surprises took place this month, and they were both on the work front: I got an interview with Husky!!!!!!!!!
And I went through an assessment with Statoil!!!!!
And GP is encouraging me to apply to an academic position!!!
I need to get started on that because the deadline is very near ...
Needless to say that I don't stand any chance in any of these fantastic opportunity judging by the thin light-weight resume I have and the fierce competition ...
However, I am extremely proud! I applied to one job in Canada, and I got an interview with that singular application!! Way to go Maha!!! YEAY!!!!

Thanks Giving was tremendously great. I got to enjoy GP's marvelous cooking, coffee and hike ... TP was there with a new girl-friend, and I got to talk to him (A shamelessly huge crush on this guy)...
BH and I are hanging out together more than ever, and I am so grateful that I have this girl in my life ... She makes grad school and life in general much more tolerable ...

I haven't read any serious books this month :(
I read a couple of children's books, and I have about a dozen more childrens books on my desk just in case the fancy strikes again lol
I am tired now ... and I suspect I may be having another episode tomorrow if this feeling continues ... let's hope it doesn't ... I have an exam to proctor tomorrow :)

And that was a great recap of my month!! I will try to write more frequently from now on ...






Comments