July 28
Last night I went home at 1:37 in the morning ...
I haven't pulled a day like yesterday in ..forever ..
A warm feeling of accomplishment and being tired ... spending all day long writing, editing and revising is very tasking ... satisfying? Extremely so!!!
I woke up after 4 hours since my brain couldn't go to sleep until 3 am ... and I woke up from a dream about the Milk River formation, which is not even my study interval.... as I am typing this I am smiling.
I woke up thinking about my thesis content, from a dream about thesis-related content, and while showering I started mentally structuring the next chapter.. may be mud transport and sedimentation could go after the Foreland Basin chapter ... I don't know ... I am just happy ..
Not thinking about anything else is just pleasure ... and I hope to keep up the glow ..
I wonder if not talking to people is the secret to this mental clarity ... or is it both the not socializing at all combined with having a deadline .. I don't know, but I think I will restrict myself to not speaking much to people for the next few days and see how it goes.
I feel like a final year PhD candidate ... and I will keep up the good work!!
Oh, regarding my chapter ... the writing counselor thinks that I have nothing to be ashamed of, and I should give the chapter to my adviser without delay to break up the cycle of negative self talk and constant criticism ...
I don't believe him one bit since I almost had a panic attack last going over Guy's previous work with some of his students ... It gives me a complex each time to pour over his publications ...
Now, I need to maintain the pace ...I need to make a schedule for the next week ... and also check where is my passport ...
Cheerio!
I haven't pulled a day like yesterday in ..forever ..
A warm feeling of accomplishment and being tired ... spending all day long writing, editing and revising is very tasking ... satisfying? Extremely so!!!
I woke up after 4 hours since my brain couldn't go to sleep until 3 am ... and I woke up from a dream about the Milk River formation, which is not even my study interval.... as I am typing this I am smiling.
I woke up thinking about my thesis content, from a dream about thesis-related content, and while showering I started mentally structuring the next chapter.. may be mud transport and sedimentation could go after the Foreland Basin chapter ... I don't know ... I am just happy ..
Not thinking about anything else is just pleasure ... and I hope to keep up the glow ..
I wonder if not talking to people is the secret to this mental clarity ... or is it both the not socializing at all combined with having a deadline .. I don't know, but I think I will restrict myself to not speaking much to people for the next few days and see how it goes.
I feel like a final year PhD candidate ... and I will keep up the good work!!
Oh, regarding my chapter ... the writing counselor thinks that I have nothing to be ashamed of, and I should give the chapter to my adviser without delay to break up the cycle of negative self talk and constant criticism ...
I don't believe him one bit since I almost had a panic attack last going over Guy's previous work with some of his students ... It gives me a complex each time to pour over his publications ...
Now, I need to maintain the pace ...I need to make a schedule for the next week ... and also check where is my passport ...
Cheerio!
Comments
Post a Comment