LPSC was nice.. to some exent .. I had the moment when I just wanted to leave the place, and other moments when I thought "what a pain!"
However, I did get to talk to some people .. regarding what they do, what should I do and where should I go..
Nothing was finalized, but I think one thing that is quite interesting to look at is isotope geochemistry.. its a very interesting portion of science if we ignore the fact that I am not interested in doing geochemistry at all .. but nucleocosmochemistry looks very new and fun compared to the other stuff that is being done ..
Another thing that I learnt was the fact that planetary scientists are not necessarily smart.. I met two people who had an extraordinary mind. Both were nice too and very unconcious about how smart they were ..they were normal people whom anyone can approach easily, and I liked that about them.
Some other topics camt o mind too.. like I am reading this article here about T.Martin and how race is discussed immediately if the violater is not of colour. To me this sounds familiar..I even thought wait, I am black, but I notice colour like anyone else.. white or black or green... does that make me a racist too?
I don't know, probably yes..
At LPSC, three black women scientists were there , no black man was there.. I believe this will change in the next few years, but till then, people will glance twice in my direction at every meeting I go to...
No African scientists are attending this one ... no African astronauts .. I googled it, found none.. thought "well, its expected of the place that suffers famine, HIV, wars, and all sorts of crises.
I wish this will change one day and people in the future will be debating in courtrooms whether this inhuman history we are making now should be taught in high school or not by that time..
I wish sometimes if I was not alife in this world just to not witness this.. and I cannot help but read the news and feel sorry about all the dying people today and everyday .. that is in my opinion the small tribute that I can give to them as lives that used to be .. they were here with memories and dreams and aspirations .. with families some with kids.. some were kids... many wanted to remain kids ..
I also know for sure that I will not bring children to this world ... my children don't deserve that .. but I will do my best to help those who wanted parents .. I will adobt them and give them a family .. I will love them and care for them..
Today is my best friend's birthday .. she is not here .. she is somewhere ..
I miss her .. haven't seen her since two years ago .. sometimes I wonder if the term bestie still applies to me and her.. she is like a rose and I am still the thorn .. but I loved her, and still do ..
I hate that part of life when you are not connected anymore to anyone ..
I thought that nice lady was my friend... turns out she is not... or I am not what I thought I am to her .. which excludes the one friend I thought of ..
But three make that five seem to float around me, they are very kind with wide smiles .. I think the friends I am looking for are closer that I think ..
Alright,, enough for one day.
However, I did get to talk to some people .. regarding what they do, what should I do and where should I go..
Nothing was finalized, but I think one thing that is quite interesting to look at is isotope geochemistry.. its a very interesting portion of science if we ignore the fact that I am not interested in doing geochemistry at all .. but nucleocosmochemistry looks very new and fun compared to the other stuff that is being done ..
Another thing that I learnt was the fact that planetary scientists are not necessarily smart.. I met two people who had an extraordinary mind. Both were nice too and very unconcious about how smart they were ..they were normal people whom anyone can approach easily, and I liked that about them.
Some other topics camt o mind too.. like I am reading this article here about T.Martin and how race is discussed immediately if the violater is not of colour. To me this sounds familiar..I even thought wait, I am black, but I notice colour like anyone else.. white or black or green... does that make me a racist too?
I don't know, probably yes..
At LPSC, three black women scientists were there , no black man was there.. I believe this will change in the next few years, but till then, people will glance twice in my direction at every meeting I go to...
No African scientists are attending this one ... no African astronauts .. I googled it, found none.. thought "well, its expected of the place that suffers famine, HIV, wars, and all sorts of crises.
I wish this will change one day and people in the future will be debating in courtrooms whether this inhuman history we are making now should be taught in high school or not by that time..
I wish sometimes if I was not alife in this world just to not witness this.. and I cannot help but read the news and feel sorry about all the dying people today and everyday .. that is in my opinion the small tribute that I can give to them as lives that used to be .. they were here with memories and dreams and aspirations .. with families some with kids.. some were kids... many wanted to remain kids ..
I also know for sure that I will not bring children to this world ... my children don't deserve that .. but I will do my best to help those who wanted parents .. I will adobt them and give them a family .. I will love them and care for them..
Today is my best friend's birthday .. she is not here .. she is somewhere ..
I miss her .. haven't seen her since two years ago .. sometimes I wonder if the term bestie still applies to me and her.. she is like a rose and I am still the thorn .. but I loved her, and still do ..
I hate that part of life when you are not connected anymore to anyone ..
I thought that nice lady was my friend... turns out she is not... or I am not what I thought I am to her .. which excludes the one friend I thought of ..
But three make that five seem to float around me, they are very kind with wide smiles .. I think the friends I am looking for are closer that I think ..
Alright,, enough for one day.
Comments
Post a Comment