Positive leads to more positive

Hello me from the future,
Well, as usual I have serious trouble organizing my thoughts whenever I start an entry here. But here we go.
Overall, I have had an excellent week with some steps forward.
I managed to go to the gym once.
I cooked almost every meal (except last night) and all my meals were healthy meat and vegetables, no sugar or starch.
I contacted two friends
I sent money to my mom
I also have come to a good stage of being single: going out by myself. Although I haven't been able to go eat at a fancy restaurant by myself yet hehehe
I managed to make good progress on my thesis chapter. Although I really want to finish this section and move on to the next
I managed to put my mental health first, both in academia and beyond.
I am better at saying No and valuing my time.
I am also learning to be less jaded albeit way more cautious when dealing with people
I am learning to better take care of myself and divulge less and less about my life. I have realized some of those who I think of as "people who care about me" might just not care that much in reality.
And a a result, I need to be my true best friend until otherwise noted.
Also, I am learning that not all that shines is gold, no matter how much it is shining by my standards.
I have also decided to implement a system that allows me to join the world again as a full functioning human being. On my upcoming birthday (90 days from today), I will be a brand new ME.
Between now and my birthday I will work on three things only and focus my energy on those things:
- Be healthy: eat as paleo as I can, and stay away from sugar. Exercise three days a week even if it kills me.
- Finish writing and submit my thesis (deadline is April 28th)- 75 days
- Find a part-time job to support myself
I have made good progress reading a great book, and I will go finish it after finishing Seveneves..
But most importantly, I am pleased with the progress I am making with my thesis.
I have stopped having hope for a while, and I have come to appreciate the fun of being able to do it again.
I need to go to the bathroom now. So, I will stop here.
Hope to write more in the next few days.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts