Tough luck
Hi,
Its me again.
So, I have finally come to the conclusions that this is not my year...
A scholarship, a travel award and a PhD application. I spent time filling all of them, revising them, asking people to write recommendations etc.
Had I known all of them will end up in garbage pins, I would have made better use of my time and my supervisor's time and my referees time too.
I don't feel like I have done something wrong. I spent months collecting my data and processing it, then days and nights to write the bloody abstract, then a few days reading my applications back and forth. At this moment, I am not sure what is the problem.
I might be as stupid as I say sometimes. But one cannot write a scientific abstract from scratch, keep up with the comment of my supervisor, and right all wrongs, and stay healthy and productive if there is no nano particle of intellect in their being. I might be stupid, but I am good enough to do a good work, why is it so difficult to get accepted?
Is it too much?
I don't know.
Two ideas are rolling inside my hear right now; the first is to stop thinking science, and finding myself another route, may be teach Arabic somewhere around, I will make enough money to pay the rent and get by, may be even make enough money to start learning another language.
The second one is to finish my degree then after that stop thinking science. I think I will go with this one.
A side from both ideas, I think may be I am over doing this. I am putting so much time and energy perfecting my work that all my life is revolving around it, which is why I get so messed up when I get a rejection of my work that I take it personally.
May be I should stop overdoing things. Take things slower at school, focus on writing my thesis and graduating. You never know if I will still be alive by then or not.
I need to focus on my thesis, finish it and move on..
Stars are nice, Asteroids and meteorites are even more dynamic, but I can always buy a telescope and watch any of them... It doesn't have to be a PhD or a job even.
Till later
Its me again.
So, I have finally come to the conclusions that this is not my year...
A scholarship, a travel award and a PhD application. I spent time filling all of them, revising them, asking people to write recommendations etc.
Had I known all of them will end up in garbage pins, I would have made better use of my time and my supervisor's time and my referees time too.
I don't feel like I have done something wrong. I spent months collecting my data and processing it, then days and nights to write the bloody abstract, then a few days reading my applications back and forth. At this moment, I am not sure what is the problem.
I might be as stupid as I say sometimes. But one cannot write a scientific abstract from scratch, keep up with the comment of my supervisor, and right all wrongs, and stay healthy and productive if there is no nano particle of intellect in their being. I might be stupid, but I am good enough to do a good work, why is it so difficult to get accepted?
Is it too much?
I don't know.
Two ideas are rolling inside my hear right now; the first is to stop thinking science, and finding myself another route, may be teach Arabic somewhere around, I will make enough money to pay the rent and get by, may be even make enough money to start learning another language.
The second one is to finish my degree then after that stop thinking science. I think I will go with this one.
A side from both ideas, I think may be I am over doing this. I am putting so much time and energy perfecting my work that all my life is revolving around it, which is why I get so messed up when I get a rejection of my work that I take it personally.
May be I should stop overdoing things. Take things slower at school, focus on writing my thesis and graduating. You never know if I will still be alive by then or not.
I need to focus on my thesis, finish it and move on..
Stars are nice, Asteroids and meteorites are even more dynamic, but I can always buy a telescope and watch any of them... It doesn't have to be a PhD or a job even.
Till later
Comments
Post a Comment