Updates from the middle times

Dear me in the future,
It has been ages, eh?
I have had quite the eventful few months, I must say.
I dont know where to begin, but let's start with the fact that my degree is not forgotten, but has been overlooked for about five or six weeks now.
I traveled back to London for Beth wedding and ended up staying with Guy and working on some parts of it with the hopes of a glimpse of a submission day from him. Needless to say, that did not happen. That was in May,
between then and now, I started working for a chocolate shop, and pretty much it has turned my life as we know it around. I am more outgoing, confident, smart, and resourceful. I am energetic and hopeful about the future. More importantly, I have retained two of my best skills: reading and thinking deeply about my reading... and putting energy out into bringing interesting people into my world. I am thrilled about all the ups and down that accompany this kind of journey, and I am starting to remember again who I was before I started my second graduate degree.
I met an 88 years old lady from the West Indies, who shares a similar story of coming to Canada and going to grad school when she was older. I feel so motivated after meeting her.
But I also met a fascinating couple, and another interesting man ...
I made a few new friendships, and budding as they are, I am hopeful about their future prospects.

Now, re my thesis, I think I will continue to dig at it with a chisel .. It might take a while, but it's doable.

I will write more reflections later... but just wanted to capture the press of the keyboard keys... I have not done it in about five weeks or so.. emails included :)

Chao for now

Comments